Distance Learning

Transient Students

Please use your computer’s native browser when accessing the content below.
(i.e.: Internet Explorer or Safari)

Transient students are enrolled at an institution other than Albany State University who take one or more classes at ASU with the intent of transferring the credits back to their home institution.

To register as a transient student at Albany State:

  1. Obtain a “Transient Permission Letter” from your home institution
    How? Contact the Registrar’s office at your home institution.
  2. Apply to Albany State University
    APPLY NOW (opens new window)
  3. Check paperwork status
    FIRST TIME ASU STUDENT (opens new window)   RETURNING ASU STUDENT (opens new window)
  4. Register for classes   I Still Have Questions